Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale!

Please head over to my new blog at TheUrbanHousewife.com, where you'll find this post & more!

You may have noticed, Vegan Bake Sales are aplenty these days, thanks to the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale! I was lucky enough to attend one of them in Los Angeles this weekend & fill up on everything from pound cake to cookies to peanut butter mousse cups & even raw cheesecake & whoopie pies! To add to the fun, some the bakers were also bloggers, like Britt from Sick of Lettuce, Lindsay from Happy Herbivore, & Afsoon's Posties!

If you missed out, the good news is Bake Me Up LA is having another sale in front of Locali on June 28th (rumor has it Celine & Joni will be baking for it!), so get yourself there & buy good to benefit Animal Acres, Earthlings, & Little Big Dog Rescue.
Not in California? Check to see if there's a vegan bake sale in your area by going HERE!

Of course, I'll be participating in a local bake sale as well! On June 27th & 28th, the “Bay Area Post Punk Kitchen Crew”, Vegansaurus!, and (of course) The Urban Housewife are presenting TWO vegan bake sales! Our sales will benefit the amazing & hardworking non-profits Animal Place and East Bay Animal Animal Advocates, so come out & stuff your face in the name of the animals!


SATURDAY, JUNE 27th, 2009
Time: 11 am to 4 pm
Address: 3506 16th Street at Sanchez, in front of Ike's Place!


SUNDAY, JUNE 28th, 2009
Time: 11 am to 4 pm

Address: 800 block of Capp Street
(about 1/2 a block from 24th St BART!)

Be ready to enjoy cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pie, whoopie pies, & whatever else we can dream up! We'll even have Gluten Free options & treats for dogs! Additionally, a selection of cupcakes & brownies will be provided by local vegan bakery Sugar Beat Sweets! (yep, that's me!)

For more information, check out the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale San Francisco webpage!

I'll be there both days, selling the goods (hubba hubba), so come say Hello & don't forget to bring cash! See you there!

19 comments:

Frani said...

I'm so psyched about the vegan bake sales on the 27th & 28th. I won't be attending the 27th one (except a special someone will be getting me something) and on the 28th after the Gay Pride Parade, I might stop buy and indulge on vegan goodies!! Can't wait!

celine said...

you know what's on top of my list of things to do when coming to SF, right?
to purchase a gazillion SBS cupcakes, and be a happy gal.
wish I could come munch on the goodies for the bake sale already!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I was there for yours, ugh! But it was so great to see you again!

Hannah said...

So... Much... Deliciousness! Gah, I would give anything to be there... I would wish you luck, but I have no doubts that the bake sale will be a huge hit.

Erin said...

Looking forward to it! I get the feeling I'm going to purchase almost as much as I'm bringing to sell.

Mattie said...

Must. Ditch. Wedding! so I can check this thing out! Seriously if I can break away for even one second I'm going to beeline down there. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Gosh!This is getting me hungry!

Night Web Directory said...

Hello mate, I want to thank you for this nice blog. Would you mind telling me some secrets for a succesful blog ? Which could attract some visitors than it normally does. Please come visit my site FreeAdultEntertainment when you got time.

Cakespy said...

Oh man, you don't know how badly I want to be there!! Sounds so awesome.

veganfoodism said...

man, that sounds amazing! i will be there in spirit!

miss v said...

what awesome goodies! i'm so mad that i missed the closest one to me.. grrrr. such a great idea!

emma said...

i'm excited, i'm coming with my puppy!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have teleported over yesterday to by me some goodies...maybe I can perfect my technique for SF?

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thanks, dude!

I'm so glad to hear the bake sale went well. I had to spend most of my weekend holed up with my computer finishing up a bunch of edits. Rained on my Pride Parade a bit, but it's a labor of love :)

I'm not doing anything too drastic to the "do", but I'm about 8 years overdue for a change.

classy broad said...

2 awesome new experiences in one day : lunch at ike's followed by yummy vegan deliciousness!

it was nice meeting another person who doesn't like avocados, and the german chocolate cupcake was fantastic! <3

*xo...

Marika said...

MAN, that stuff all looks soooooooo awesome. You San Francisconians are seriously spoiled with all this vegan sweetness.

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

Great offer.

Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Pain Management
,
Health and Medicine
,
Real estate blogs
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan

Rental Directory Resource said...

Hey congrats on the new posting come out
btw i love your blog although i have just stumbled upon it =)
Love the new pictures you got there! Please come visit my site
http://www.partyrockstars.com
Chicago Business Directory
when you got time.

Ice Cream Machine, Ice Sundae said...

Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site Makericecream Business Directory when you got time.